To say that our Round 5 with 1,190 submissions was big is a real understatement. We got blog submissions from all over the world, on a variety of different platforms, on dozens of different subjects, all from people who are passionate about the blog they own, run, and love.
Here’s a graph depicting how Round 5 stacks up against our first four membership rounds:
Round 5 was by far our largest round, but it’s also many other things. Here are some statistics I thought were pretty interesting:
- If you break it down per minute, we received an average of more than 1 blog every minute for the first 19 hours.
- If you add up the total number of blogs from all networks it’s still less than the total number of blogs submitted to 9rules in just one day. But quantity doesn’t mean quality, I’ll get to that in a bit.
- We reached 500 submissions twice as fast as Round 4.
- We beat Round 4’s total number of submissions in just over 9 hours, or, before I woke up 🙂 (Paul says he went to bed right before 9am)
- We had over 170 comments on our number guessing game.
- One person submitted their site three minutes after we shut down the form, we have no idea how that happened… I think he/she had the form loaded up in their browser ahead of time and then just left it there past when we removed it. Go figure!
- Our IRC room had dozens of people in it, with a max number of them in right around midnight. The chatters counted down to the end of the round like it was New Years… very cool to see. Happppy New Round!
Now just because we got over one thousand applications doesn’t mean that we’re accepting anywhere close to that, of course who knows, maybe every single one is amazing! Traditionally we’ve added between 8-16% of the total number of submissions to 9rules, so if that holds true then “you can assume” we’ll pick about 160 blogs this time, but obviously that’s totally up in the air right now so no promises can be made. One thing I can say is that with every round the blogs who submit get even better, making our jobs all that more difficult 🙂
Lai dai han Legacy