Tyme is right. I should’ve answered one of the most basic questions asked of us when we announced Round 3 and that is what we are looking for in a site. Our default answer is anything and everything, but obviously that isn’t true since we are selective of the sites that get into the Network so I will try my best to list the qualities that we are looking for.
- A passion for the subject that you are writing for. This is evident from the writing on your site.
- Quality writing. If it’s supposed to be funny then make sure it is funny. If it is supposed to stimulate the mind, then make sure it is intelligent. Mistakes happen within entries, but too many mistakes on too many posts definitely raise a red flag.
- Consistency in writing quantity. We don’t expect sites to have entries on them every single day, but if you have a site that posts one entry a month we expect there to be at least one entry a month. If you write every single day for 6 months and then disappear for 3 months then we begin to raise questions.
- Topics. Obviously we offer a wide range of topics (as can be seen on the homepage) and we are always looking to expand. If you have another web design blog or another blog that has its niche filled (10 or more sites) within 9rules you should make sure that you are offering a really kickass site.
- Design. We don’t base our decisions on the design of your site, but a clean design definitely makes us look more carefully over your site and a unique design often shows a passion for your site.
- Blogger/Blogspot domains. In all honesty I don’t like adding sites that are hosted by blogger or blogspot since there are so many other parts of the design of those sites which don’t really distinguish them from the rest, but if your site is worth it we will add it.
That’s all I can think of right now. Nothing too specific, but these are definitely things we keep an eye out for.